A simplest form of movement can make your day to day life difficult if you are suffering from arthritis or any other forms of joint pain. You may feel an urge to have a pain pill to get a quick relief from the inflammations but these anti inflammatory pills have side effects that can lead to permanent damage to the immune systems and organs if consumed on a daily basis.
Instead of having these pills one should have foods that are anti inflammatory. The foods that are anti inflammatory help to provide the positive effect to your health. Here, are some of the foods that are anti inflammatory that heal you faster and help in dealing with the pain.
1. Fish: One of the best foods that are anti inflammatory is the fish. Cold water fish such as trout, tuna or salmon are the best because it contains loads of anti inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids. It helps in decreasing the inflammation.
2. Nuts: Nuts like walnuts, almonds, peanuts, cashews and others are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, oleic acid, fiber, protein and phytochemicals and it is a very good anti inflammatory food.
3. Extra Virgin Olive Oil: The extra virgin olive oil is a good source of oleic acid and is also known as anti inflammatory oil. It helps in improving the insulin function thereby it reduces the blood sugar level. It is however not good for deep frying because of its low smoke point but it is great for braising and sauteing.
4. Cherries: One of the best foods that are anti inflammatory is the cherries especially the tart cherries because it is a rich source of antioxidants. It helps in reducing the arthritic inflammation and it also reduces the risk of any other inflammatory conditions like cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
5. Leafy Greens: Leafy green vegetables like kale and spinach are one of the best foods that are inflammatory as these are loaded with anti-oxidants, omega- 3 acids and fiber. To eliminate the pesticides and chemicals that accumulate on the leaves it is very necessary to wash it thoroughly.
6. Green Tea: The unfermented green tea has flavonoids that are known as catechins. The catechins are the powerful antioxidants that are destroyed when it is fermented and processed. The green tea has around 27% of catechins. It helps in reducing the severity of arthritis.
7. Apples: Apples has quercetin that is a chemical with anti inflammatory properties. It along with other antioxidants helps in reducing the inflammation. The majority of quercetin is present at the skin of the apple that is why the skin has a rich red coloring, so it is advisable to not peel off the skin before eating them.
8. Grapes: Grapes are rich in anti inflammatory properties as these are high in flavonoids. Drinking a grape juice can also helps in decreasing the inflammation.
9. Broccoli: Broccoli, Brussels sprouts and cauliflower helps to enhance the immune system and it also helps to combat the inflammation. These contain sulforane that increases the innate detox capability of the body and it also facilitates the function of the liver.
The most important step to a healthier life is the change to a healthy diet. by Josef Bichler